Tuesday, August 23, 2011

EARTHQUAKE HIT & FELT ABOUT 2 MINUTES LONG.

   It was maybe 1:50pm on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 and the Baby & I were sitting in the basement. The concrete wall to the right of me started moving & I literally felt the bones of the house moving & felt the blocks shake. I immediately grabbed the baby and ran outside as fast as I could and you could feel the ground vibrating. I met outside with my Dad who was on the phone with my Uncle in Fredericksburg, VA. and my Uncle Lawrence said there was an EARTHQUAKE coming but it had already reached us, then my Mother drove in and said that the mailboxes were moving back & forth. The Dog & Cat were acting strange. Josie the cat immediately ran up a nearby tree. I had to get under the tree so she would jump to me and she finally did. My Uncle Pat's white truck was moving across the pavement and luckily nothing was damaged and more importantly no one was injured. My 1st experience with an EARTHQUAKE & I was honestly a bit scared. We are nothing, we are not in charge, the Mother Nature is in control and that was just a 5.9. The Quake struck in Mineral, VA. the Quake started from 3.7 miles down in the Earth, which is pretty shallow, the ones on the west coast start at 20 - 30 miles deep. I never seen my Father react the way he did, I honestly think he was scared.

No comments: