Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Recent Visit by General Lee?

 This unexplained event happened on Friday, April 12, 2013. I have started working with a new company based in Old Town, Alexandria, VA., I work on HVAC systems and boilers. So, my co-worker and friend, Steve and I are dispatched to a nearby house to help pull an old boiler out of the cellar. Once we pull up to the address we realize that we are working in a house owned by General Robert E. Lee's Father and when his Father died, General Lee inherited the property. As we waited for the other mechanics to arrive we got to talking about paranormal television shows. Steve noted that T.A.P.S. visited the same house we were sitting at, it's called the Lee-Fendall House. I was reluctant to say anything about my experiences with the paranormal simply due to the stigma attached and didn't want to be seen as a nut job my first week on the job but Steve seemed open enough to the idea of some type of afterlife. I told him about some of the more extreme things that happened in my house and he was full of questions. Back to the Lee-Fendall house, so all the guys show up and we get to work in the cellar. I'd say there was about 4 or 5 light bulbs 'On' and there were other lights along the outer perimeter but they were off. Steve and I took a walk around the cellar just to kill some time while waiting to lift this old boiler. I think I said something to the extent of "Man, just think if these old walls could talk", "They probably discussed battlefield strategies and other issues that would end up changing this country". I didn't notice but when I said, "General Lee may still be here", the light bulb directly over my head came on and was shining bright. Steve said, "Hey, as soon as you said General Lee, that light turned on", Steve said "Hold on a minute, I just wanna see if this bulb is loose" and he walked towards me to reach above my head where the light was. I watched as he tried to turn the bulb but it was tight as it could possibly be. What's even more strange is, the light fixture has a short pull chain, it's not controlled by a switch, so it's not like one of the guys bumped into a switch or something. At the time, it was just us two in the cellar and I looked to see if there was a motion sensor on the fixture, which there was not. I tried to think of another way it could've turned on, maybe it was on a set schedule but that wouldn't have made sense because this was a random light bulb location, it wasn't near a door, window, or staircase. If it was on a timed schedule then all of the outer perimeter lights would have turned 'On' as well.
 I know that the skeptic would have plenty of answers for what happened but I was there and my reasoning process asked all the same questions anyone would ask. I can't explain what happened with logic and reason. I only wish I had a digital recorder with me. I was there about 10 or 15 minutes and I experienced something that I and my co-worker could not explain.

No comments: