Saturday, February 12, 2011

Have you ever heard?

This unexplainable event/paranormal event occurred on Friday, February 11, 2011. I was upstairs printing out some mapquest directions and after I was finished, I headed downstairs. My Mother was going to follow me down to pick up some dishes I used, so we opened the downstairs door then Josie (Our Cat) sprinted up to her food dish and we headed down the steps. Once we got to about the 3rd step from the bottom (We have a total of 13 steps) I heard what sounded like; a dog trying to gain traction on a tile floor as fast as he/she go possible go, the noise was right there at the bottom of the steps, I stopped my Mom in mid-step and listened. The sound lasted a good 3 seconds, maybe longer, because I was caught "Off-gaurd", I carefully tried to pin-point exactly what it sounded like and either it was an animal with dog-like fingernails scratching the surface of my floor, fleeting into my kitchen area, or something with claws very rapidly scratching the floor. This was loud and quick. I looked up to my Mom on the next step above and said, "Now I know you had to hear that", and she just looked at me like, "Why are we stopped"? I say this because, since all the paranormal events that have happened in this house, my Mother has claimed to not see, hear or experience anything paranormal, except on one occasion when a glass ashtray flew 8 foot off my computer desk and landed at her feet. I sarcastically asked her, "Did you see that"?
So, my Mom didn't hear the unexplainable noise, which doesn't surprise me at all, but I heard it and I am hear to document the experience because I don't have a dog in the basement that I know of and I sure as hell have no idea why I heard what I heard. This is the first report of any type of unexplainable animal sounds and to beat all, my basement apartment door was shut.

1 comment:

casey said...

You know, last night I thought of all the logical explanations for this occurrence & the only thing I could think of is maybe the cat made the unexplained sound that I heard. I am only listing this for the skeptics out there because even if the cat made the sounds that I described, the sounds would have been coming from up above and behind my ears not 3 feet in front of me. In addition to this possible explanation, the cat doesn't even weigh enough to make a sound that would travel down the staircase and penetrate through the wall and then have the sound face me, which is the direction the sound came from.. I still don't know but I'm not sold on the cat theory.