Friday, December 10, 2010

Alarm Bells & 69's

I was awakened with a sudden urge to piss like a racehorse and I noticed the time to be 5:54a.m., apparently I spent about 5 minutes in the bathroom doing my thing and I flush the toilet, walk out pass the dinner table (Complete Dark) and an alarm starts to sound. Nothing too crazy right? Well, considering I have never seen this miniature alarm device before this very moment and to have the alarm sound off as soon as I pass the table it was setting on, set at 6:00a.m., I don't believe in coincidences anymore. Again, I asked everyone in my house if they set an alarm and placed the alarm on my dinner table, everyone said, "No". I think a better question would be, "Why"? I think it's noteworthy to mention that the only person that may occasionally come down to my apartment is my Mother and she claims to be void of all activity.
So, nothing to make a big deal about, but it's noteworthy. Went back to bed for an hour and I woke up at 7a.m. to go do some errands.
Throughout the day I adjust my thermostat because my Mother has started using the wood stove and it is literally placed right outside my apartment door, so it affects the temperature in the apartment. I set the thermostat to 71 degrees on the a/c mode due to it being like 85 degrees in my hallway/kitchen entrance area. I checked the T-stat to see if it had brought the inside temp. down to 71 degrees and someone had changed the whole setting making the T-stat call for 69 degrees and the room had reached 69 degrees. This is a brand new, $300, right out of the box, Honeywell Focus Pro Touchscreen digital/programmable thermostat and what that means is; Someone had to physically touch the screen to lower the desired room temp. to 69 degrees, when I had it set at 71 degrees. This doesn't strike fear into my heart, I think it's funny as shit because I know for a fact that someone is playing with me. I'm writing this post as it all happened on Thursday of this week, December 9, 2010, and it did happen, I'm just writing it a day later, since that event, it has happened three times now. So, I've been calling out, "Write your fucking name down, if you're intelligent enough to understand a touchscreen thermostat, Please do something more entertaining", "While you're at it, if you want to program alarms to go off, program my new thermostat so I don't have to". Crazy Shit man. I'm sure I'll have more to write about.. BTW, as a general rule of thumb, wouldn't you think it's a little too cold for cave crickets to be hibernating in the cold concreted area where my old wash machine was set, they live there and under my jacuzzi tub, I literally kill like 3-5 a day. Weird stuff Man.

No comments: